Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Seerialmom Seerialmom is offline

Default clothes washers and dryers for older units with "weak" plumbing?

On Jul 25, 8:51*am, "John A. Weeks III" wrote:
In article ,
(elise d faber) wrote:

the problem seems to be the detergent suds. *in new york city, people
pay over a million dollars for a coop or condo apartment which won't
let them have a washer. *dryers ore ok but you either need 220 volt
current or a gas hookup. *

the problem here is the drain pipes which are too small to handle the
suds so ther is a problem with things backing up. *i had thought that
dishwashers were ok because the standard leases with the no washing
machine clause were older than dishwashers, but it seems to be ok for
them because the dishwashing detergent is low suds. *

i don't know why they don't make a detergent for washers that would be
ok, but there is evidently some problem about it or they would.

Any idea if the new style "H/E" laundry detergent made for the front
loaders would be a solution here?

And if you are paying a million for a condo, can't you afford to run
a new drain pipe down to the basement?

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.johnweeks.com

I agree with you. The H/e detergent is designed to be low suds and
should work. I never could understand the concept of a "condo" that's
nothing more than an apartment, except you can paint the walls and
change the flooring if you want.