Posted to alt.home.repair
meatnub meatnub is offline

Default Dirt in windows

(I think i'm going to enjoy posting here a lot)

My wife and I aren't neat freaks, we both work full time and have a 14
month old. We try to clean best we can (vaccuum once a week, wash
curtains every couple months..) We try, we're not perfect.

There are older windows in our house that the previous owners didn't
replace (they put in new windows in some places but not all throughout
house... strange).

These older "metal" windows have black dirt in the window crevices.
There is black dirt in the window sill (between outer most window and
inside window).

Is this mold? Could it be full of allergens?

My question is - should i take the time and get a tooth brush and get
into the nooks and crannies and remove all that black dirt? Or just
clean it normally with some cleaner and paper towel.

Thanks