Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default What type of constuction is this?

"stryped" wrote in message
I am wanting to build a 24x30 or so garage. I am wanting to do this
cheaply. One time I read about a construction method where posts are
used then regular stick framing on top of that. But I cant remember
what the technique is called.

Is this a good way to go or is the traditional pole barn better. I
will be doing this entirely myself.

Any advice.

I think you are just describing a modified pole barn in your first. If the
ground freezes where you are at either would probably be cheapest. If not
then slab with footing and steel, and pick the building style of your
choice. If finished interior wood frame or metal stud. If unfinished then
butler I beam construction... also, my dad recently put up a stressed sheet
metal building that doesn't seem to have any steel structural except in the
end caps. He said it was the cheapest for his application. Again the
ground does not freeze here.