Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default combi condensing boiler , switch off when not in use?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:14:40 +0000, Tony Bryer wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:11:36 +0100 Paul P wrote :
however the central heating temperature setting is still on 70 or so
degrees. does this mean its having to keep some water heated this hot
in case the heating is switched off? or does it not do anything until
the heating is switched on?

just wondering whether its worth switching the boiler off when im
out? i do sometimes notice it starting up when im not using any
water and the heatings off.. wonder if im wasting any gas.

OMFG - the amount of thick people in newsgroups amazes me. You are a
real TROLL!

It seems a not unreasonable question. I have got a Glow-worm combi
(24Cxi) and the recommended 'economy' setting keeps the water in the
heat exchanger hot, which in turn means it fires up every 45 minutes or
so whether or not you are calling for heating or hot water. Fortunately
you can turn this behaviour off.

That's an 'economy' setting ?!? because it saves on water bills?