Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT T Boone Pickens

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , dpb wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:32:56 GMT, "JC"
wrote:

. The last thing we need to do is
turn a beautiful ocean view into an industrial one.
What about the view from the water?
We don't seem to mind turning the beach into condos and parking lots

Not to mention the 2-legged whales in droves...

This is also why people fight the idea of public beaches. They want
theirs and then everyone else is on their own.

Or, what's so different to watching a multi-thousand ton ship that is
supposedly "scenic" as compared to a windmill that takes up far less
area--just that it stays still??? It seems somehow an incongruous
argument to me...

--

Ships come and go (most importantly here "go") while a windmill is
forever. I would bet that is the argument. Also depends on the ship. I

So the ships can come (and go ) in front of and behind the
windmill...the cattle do here and people stop to take 'pichurs' ...