Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT T Boone Pickens

On Jul 24, 2:41*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

There are legitimate concerns with putting up windmills just
anywhere. * While I'm no fan of the Kennedys and you certainly can
call them hypocrits because they run around advocating green
solutions, *I agree that they have a legitimate concern about putting
up offshore windmills that destroy a pristine view.

Bull****. There are plenty of printine views, but few places windmills are
practical.

Meaning, exactly what? That the locations suitable for windmilss are
so extremely limited that offshore Cape Cod, which most people would
agree is a pristine view, is on the short list? According to
Pickens, the whole midwest of the USA is highly suitable for wind
power.

Here in NJ
there was a plan to put 350ft high windmills offshore within sight of
land.

Trust me. There are NO pristine views in New Jersey.

Thanks for the ignorant slam. Perhaps you can share with us where
you superior folks live so we can return the favor.

To me, that is unacceptable. * The last thing we need to do is
turn a beautiful ocean view into an industrial one. * We spend a huge
amount of money here buying up open land and forest to keep it natural
and from being developed. * To then turn around and destroy one of the
most priceless views makes no sense.

Without the energy-producing apparatus, for twelve hours a day you won't be
able to see ANYTHING.

Last time I checked there are many viable and more practical ways to
produce electricity besides windmills. We get an insignificant amount
of power from them today and could easily continue to do so in the
future without any great calamity.

If they can be located beyond sight, then I have no problem with
that.

You may be sensible. Others will be upset. Just knowing they are out there
(somewhere) gets some folks all exercised.

But even that gets blocked by environmentalists, who then moan
about bird strikes, harm to fish, etc. *I'd also seriously question
the economics of offshore windmills as compared to other
alternatives.

That's a good point. Windmills are horribly expensive when compared to
hydrocarbon-based energy.