Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Attempt to save oil

In article ,
Claude Hopper wrote:

I have hot water off my boiler so it's on all summer running a couple
minutes several times a day weather I use hot water or not.
I'm thinking of putting in a 20 gallon electric hot water heater and
shutting down the boiler for the summers. Would I save much? My boiler
is very efficient.
I was also thinking alternatively , putting point of use electrics.
These are small 120 volt, 29 amp demand water heaters for $149.00 each.
One under the kitchen sink and one under the bathroom sink/shower feed.
Better than a storage tank of hot water? Since the boiler and hot water
tank run weather hot water is used or not verses the point of use
heaters that only run when you are actually using water, might be the
best choice?

120 volts at 29 amps? What are you going to plug those things into? I'd
say you're better off with what you have, anyway.