Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT T Boone Pickens

There are legitimate concerns with putting up windmills just
anywhere. While I'm no fan of the Kennedys and you certainly can
call them hypocrits because they run around advocating green
solutions, I agree that they have a legitimate concern about putting
up offshore windmills that destroy a pristine view. Here in NJ
there was a plan to put 350ft high windmills offshore within sight of
land. To me, that is unacceptable. The last thing we need to do is
turn a beautiful ocean view into an industrial one. We spend a huge
amount of money here buying up open land and forest to keep it natural
and from being developed. To then turn around and destroy one of the
most priceless views makes no sense.

If they can be located beyond sight, then I have no problem with
that. But even that gets blocked by environmentalists, who then moan
about bird strikes, harm to fish, etc. I'd also seriously question
the economics of offshore windmills as compared to other
alternatives.

But, of course, it's just fine to put them in KS...