Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT T Boone Pickens

"dpb" wrote in message
They've been building wind generation here on the High Plains (which
includes TX, particularly the panhandle) in large numbers for 10 years or
so.

KS, for example, passed legislation to aid in the construction of new
transmission lines a year ago; that has had the effect of beginning
construction probably within the year on new lines to aid in the
distribution. Any other state can do the same; all it takes is getting
off their duff and doing it.

--

Not every state can do it. In MA they want to put them out in the water
around Cape Cod. It may spoil Teddy Kennedy's view so it is not allowed.

Wind just makes a lot of sense. I'd consider one too, but it is too high of
a structure in my town so again, not allowed.

There must be a practical way to harness the tides too. More research
should be done on using the oceans to provide power. With global warming,
there will even be ocean in KS soon.