Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default OT - toggle switch current rating

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:37:58 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:
What's the switch for if the timer will shut it off?

To select the "high" thermostat or the "low". It's really an SPDT, but
I simplified the drawing.

Why not use a "contactor" made for the job, if you need to switch it?

Save space, components (cost), & effort. KISS

not switching both sides of the 240v - the other side is switched
elsewhere (a centrifugal switch on the motor). That was irrelevant to
my question, so I simplified.

I got into the classic RCM rabbit hole here by not explaining up front
the entirety of the project, with a complete schematic, the alternatives
I'd considered, and why I was intending to do it this way. I just
wanted to know about paralleling contacts, but it was naive to think
that the thread would focus on that. I should have known better - I'm
not exactly an RCM newbie G.

Do you expect each set of contacts to have the eaxact same resitance?

It will be close enough. Not good enough to double the capacity, but
150% should be fine . This application is a no-load switch - no making
or breaking contact under load in normal operation.