Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - toggle switch current rating

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:
What's the switch for if the timer will shut it off?

To select the "high" thermostat or the "low". It's really an SPDT, but
I simplified the drawing.

Why not use a "contactor" made for the job, if you need to switch it?

Save space, components (cost), & effort. KISS

not switching both sides of the 240v - the other side is switched
elsewhere (a centrifugal switch on the motor). That was irrelevant to
my question, so I simplified.

I got into the classic RCM rabbit hole here by not explaining up front
the entirety of the project, with a complete schematic, the alternatives
I'd considered, and why I was intending to do it this way. I just
wanted to know about paralleling contacts, but it was naive to think
that the thread would focus on that. I should have known better - I'm
not exactly an RCM newbie G.

Do you expect each set of contacts to have the eaxact same resitance?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.