Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Landscaping - rock vs. wood chips?

willshak wrote:

on 7/23/2008 12:05 PM ransley said the following:
On Jul 22, 10:29 pm, wrote:

-snip-
Much feeds the dirt which is good. Rock can be powerwashed every few
years to keep it looking good

Yeah, I tried that once on a section of small round stone ground cover
around my inground pool.
I'll try it again after I cement all the stone down so it doesn't go
flying all over the place.
Even a garden hose set at Full will make them fly.

That's why I use about 3/4 power.g A rake, and a bit of grade
helps, too.

I've got wood in places where I put plants as it holds moisture better
and adds nutrients. I've got rock in places that are more permanent.

Jim