Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT T Boone Pickens

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
So far, he seems to have a good idea. ...

Actually, I really don't see anything new or novel or different other
than he has enough money to get media attention. They've been building
wind generation here on the High Plains (which includes TX, particularly
the panhandle) in large numbers for 10 years or so. I see on average
probably 20/week semi's w/ new towers/rotor blades going through town on
way to various erection sites in the area.

KS, for example, passed legislation to aid in the construction of new
transmission lines a year ago; that has had the effect of beginning
construction probably within the year on new lines to aid in the
distribution. Any other state can do the same; all it takes is getting
off their duff and doing it.