Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Is it okay to put a fridge outside?

on 7/23/2008 1:16 AM Robert Green said the following:
wrote in message

stuff snipped

Scientific American has an article this month saying they
should put beepers on hybrid cars because you can't hear them coming
... presumably because you are talking on the phone or listening to
your Ipod.

Wrong presumption. The beeper movement is being spearheaded by several
associations for the blind, not Ipod users.

I guess "look both ways before you cross the street" was too
authoritarian and it would stifle their creativity.

I guess in your world, blind people can "look" both ways and don't have to
depend on their hearing to tell them a car is coming. Where, exactly, IS
that world?

--
Bobby G.

I took everything after the Scientific American comment by gfretwell as
satirical humor.
I guess he shoulda used a smiley for the humor challenged.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY