Tom Watson

Default Jack-of-all-trades

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:43:12 GMT, Harry Davidson
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:56:29 -0400, Rod Upfold wrote:

haven't been online for abit......downloaded the new material that I
haven't read........

By the amount of newsreader submissions you have.....how do you find
time to do wood work......

just a question.......

Thanks

Rod

I'm not trying to start anything here or criticize in any way, but I'm
genuinely curious. More and more, I see people using a row of dots
(like the above) instead of just a single period at the end of
sentences. Why are they doing this? Does it serve some purpose I'm not
aware of?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Harry

It is called an ellipsis.

I could cut and paste a definition but it would be more fun for you to
look it up.

Regards, Tom.
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania