Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default removing rads for plastering/painting

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 10:30:33 -0700 (PDT), benpost
wrote:

thanks for the tips. maybe i dont need to remove them then, i'll see
what the plasterer reckons.
i think a thermostat in the lounge sounds like a good idea (outside
wall, main living area), any ideas on cost? i guess i would be
replacing the current drayton timer with a different one?
could i still use the TRV's on the 'always on' setting so they would
act as standard open valves?

I got my boiler replaced with a condensing combi and the guy didn't
comment on the fact I had TRV's on all rads except that the one in the
Hall had the thermostatic head missing as it was broken so he said
just to leave it as it was fully open and he fitted a wireless
programmer in the Hall with the accompanying box connected to the
boiler . It was easier doing that than taking a wire under floors ,up
walls etc . It's the RT500RF shown here at £48
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...ermostats.html