Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default how do you edge find

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 05:30:37 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Greetings Karl,
I also let it kick. But when it does I figure that the edge finder is
.0005" past the edge. So with the digital readout I move the table
0994 when using the .200 dia. edge finder and call that zero. Always
works for me.
Eric

That's exactly what "The Kid" told me, but he said more like a thou past.
Then he went on to say edge finding is only for hack work. If you need it
accurate use the dial indicator. Now, it really ****es me off on how fast he
can accurately indicate in a vice (for square) and the part on both side.

Karl

I've been machining for over 30 years. A few times I put the vise on
the machine and it was less than a few tenths out. But for the last
few years when I put the vise on the mill it's usually within .010. So
often that it can't be chance. Just got so used to where it's supposed
to be.
Eric