Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff Errol Groff is offline

Default how do you edge find

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:24:43 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

There's been a role reversal at my place...

Whenever "The Kid" is home, I watch him machine to learn. he edge found a
part (in 15 seconds!) by flicking the edgefinder to make it wobble and then
turning the crank till it was on center.

I've always cranked till the finder "kicks" to one side. I don't have his
accurate eye sight and feel to do it that way. My results weren't as
repeatable ( I tried after he left) so I'm back to the "kick"

Karl

Last year at EASTEC I picked up a Hermann Schmidt edge finder. Very
accurate and excelent repetition. Worth the extra $$$ for quailty!

You can rest assured that I do NOT let my students borrow it!!!

http://www.hermannschmidt.com/

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School