Posted to uk.d-i-y
Samantha Booth Samantha Booth is offline

Default Red Devil

"Samantha Booth" wrote in message

"jon" wrote in message
Samantha Booth wrote:
wrote in message
On 22 Jul, 09:53, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Samantha Booth wrote:
"George" wrote in message
news "Samantha Booth" wrote in message
Has anyone used Red Devil filler and is it any goos for small holes
where pics have been and the odd crack here and there please.
thanks Sam
Holes can be filled with any filler,however hairline cracks are a
different
kettle of fish as if they're foundation movent/human traffic
movement over floors ect no matter how uch you fill them they'll
reappear tie and time again.
Try squeezing a flexible sealant in the cracks and push it in with
the finger and then wipe the excess off the wall/s so the paint will
adhere later.
i think its just where the plasterboard had been bumped and bashed
George. I have been using Polyfiller but its useless, goes hard in
the tub too fast and is expensive. The Dulux shop said Red Devil is
good for this type of thing but its £15 so wondered if anyone here
had used it.
I have - its one of the new generation 'lightweight' fillers and
probably
the best one I have used - better than Wickes or Screwfix own label.
Not
specifically for hairline cracks, but excellent stuff.

It is really excellent stuff - if properly applied doesn't need
rubbing down (it really doesn't shrink, at least not like normal
powder fillers) but it has a tendency to print through emulsion, so
you might need to blind it first.

The tubs on sale were 5 litres. Actually 4 but 1 litre was free.

When you say Blind it forst what is that and how is it done please.?

Thanks

I have used this for some time and also find it excellent. I have noticed
the print through that teddysnips refers to and am also interested to
know what "blind it first" means?

Thanks,
Jon...

I have used this filler today as I am not confident in mixing up plaster
and its superb although I can see it so will wait with interest to see
what blinding is

Anyone????