Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.food+drink.misc
Mike.....[_2_] Mike.....[_2_] is offline

Default pizza oven

Following up to TMC

I have been asked to make a small outdoor pizza oven

I've added a xpost to food group, a lady there is in Italy, might be able
to add something, might not. I dont know if Guisi builds ovens :-)

Have seen some on the web but they are about 1000gbp

Seems a lot for a bit of fireclay

One about 30 inch diameter 18 inch high is what I have in mind

However not sure where to start.

How best to make the dome shape, whether to use small fire bricks and build
like a mini igloo, or try to make a dome shape mould and cover with 2 inch
of fireclay.

How to calculate quantity of fireclay required or where to source it are
other unknowns

Any help appreciated

--
remove clothing to email