Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator H2O filter, indicator light

"Carlshead" wrote in message
Howdy,
I have a year old Whirlpool fridge. Water filter change light did its
green-yellow-red routine right at six months, and again at one year.
I am strongly suspecting now that this is a timer, and their is no H2O
quality being measured. It would be surprising if their was a
conductivity meter in an $1100 fridge. And the filter was around $50
at Lowes.
Just wondering (yes, I live alone! Too much time on my hands!)
Carl

I don't know how they work but bacteria over time is a consideration also.
Will the water still work if you just remove the filter? If so, I'd leave
it out and put an in line filter in its place. They are about $10 to $15 to
replace.