Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Who owns the rain?

HeyBub wrote:

"Technically, rain that falls on your roof isn't yours for
the taking. It's a resource of the state, which regulates
the use of public waters through an allocation process that
can take years to navigate."

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/nort...ry/473205.html

Nothing that happens on the Left Coast ever surprises me.
This is similar to California trying to tax commercial
sattelites that flew over California air space and the
electric company that wanted to charge homeowners for
installing solar panels.

Strangely, I don't think you need a permit to MAKE rain
(probably something to do with Native American religious
practices...).

Praying for rain is a practice in almost all religions.
Join my religion (Memership is free) and you too can claim
the rain is the result of your efforts. It's called "The
Church of the Old School".

Dick