Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default AT&T/Bellsouth removes alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jack Stein wrote in
news
Han wrote:

Still, I do not expect Verizon to keep usenet all that much longer,
especially not if I have underestimated the manpower required.

Do you expect Comcast to drop multiple email accounts, free web space,
free Usenet, and a bunch of other crap that many people don't know
about or care about? If Verizon drops enough services, Comcast will
kick their ass when time comes to sell their wares. While some here
may think it doesn't matter, I think it matters a great deal if Kate
and others unhappy with something their ISP is doing ****es them off.
I can assure you that by not complaining or caring, nothing good will
happen.

Let's see. What Verizon internet services do I use. Their pipe to the
internet. I do still have email accounts with Verizon, but only ones I
don't care about. Oh, yeah, webspace. Shucks, after losing websites at
least twice, no Verizon personal webspace is used anymore. That leaves
usenet, now crippled to the extent I use astraweb for what isn't free on
Verizon, expecting to go totally off Verizon by 2010, because Verizon
won't offer it anymore.

Cablevision/Optimum would be the alternative here in 07410 I think, but
I really hated their costly TV service when I had it, and I don't like
their owners. So I'll stick with Verizon phone, TV and internet for
now. --
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid