Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Could changes in humidity cause cracks in grout?

I put a dehumidifier in my bathroom, which is the most humid room in
the house. That one unit keeps the whole house less humid, and is
great. If you want my recommendation, this is the one to get:

http://www.amazon.com/Soleus-CFM-40-...6746591&sr=1-1

But I have a question about this. I am noticing some cracks between
the tiles in the bathroom that I didn't notice before. Maybe I just
didn't notice them before, or maybe it is a coincidence, but is there
any chance that drying out the air in the bathroom could create cracks
in the grout between the tiles?