Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Is it okay to put a fridge outside?

On Jul 22, 7:44*am, "Robert Green"
wrote:.

I coulda sworn car trunks for last several years had emergency releases
on the inside. *Whitish plastic loop thing? Anybody got a recent sedan
to look? (My only car with a trunk is 9 years old.) Of course, that only
does any good if the trapped person is aware of it, and can find it in
the dark.

I believe they must be made out of glow in the dark material to make it
easier to find them and became mandatory in 2002.
Your car's not new enough
to have one, although there are retrofits available. * There had been
pressure to add such locks to all US vehicles after a cluster of 11 deaths
occurred in the late 90's:

It depends on what kind of car he has.

As I stated, my 95 Accord has the latch rod exposed so all you have to
do is pull it, and I know there were some Fords in the late 90's that
had a cable operated system with a yellow ring attached to it.