Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rich Webb Rich Webb is offline

Default PC network weirdness

On 22 Jul 2008 12:48:02 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

Thank you! That was exactly it. Even though I had disabled ZA the
first thing I tried and rebooted that way, it didn't help so I didn't
think ZA was the problem. But the interaction with MicroShaft software,
anything's possible! It seemed like updating ZA alone fixed the problem,
but I uninstalled the MS patch anyhow.

Once you've installed the ZA update it's safe to re-install the MS
update that started the whole mess.

The guys at Zone Labs (or whoever their corporate overlords are
nowadays) were actually pretty quick in identifying work-arounds (set
security for the Internet Zone to "medium" instead of "high" or else
uninstall the MS update) and in getting out an update that played nicely
with Microsoft.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA