Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim W Tim W is offline

Default Building a cabinet for a wall oven

"American ex-pat artist" wrote in message
We're about to buy a wall oven and none of the stock cabinets I can
see are just what I want. IKEA has something close - a cabinet that
takes a small refrigerator on the bottom, and the oven in an enclosure
over that, but it then has another cabinet on top of the oven, where I
want a surface that I can use for other things. Is there any reason I
can't just build a box of sorts out of plywood and angle brackets? I'd
guess that I should use some sort of bracing under the "shelf" where
the oven will sit but are there any other things I shoulod know before
I try to do this sort of thing?
BTW I live in France, so recommending cabinets from this or that
American supplier won't work! ;-) I'm sure they have everything I
could possibly want but I can't get them to here.

Buy from B&Q and cut and adapt is the simplest and easiest approach. an oven
isn't all that heavy but fix wooden battens under the shelf for extra
security.

Tim w