Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Rifle works with scope -- after nearly a year

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:31:12 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor
qualm, Bob AZ quickly quoth:

I still dunno if a guy should have to shim a scope on a supposedly
decent rifle -- but what the hell, I'm finally having fun with it.

Don

Shims are a way of life no matter what.

I do cameras etc and you would be surprised how many lenses and
cameras are shimmed. And if not shimmed then the assembly parts are
selected which is a form of shimming. There is a form of shimming even
for integrated circuits. Only they call it tweaking.

Shimming an IC? Whuffo?

Cameras, do you do work on the side, Bob? I dropped my Nikon
Coolpix 995 and it lost its focus. When one side is in focus, the
other isn't.

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---