Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Is it okay to put a fridge outside?

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Robert Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

stuff snipped

However, they may be up to
something else which renders them eligible for a bullet or two
(don't
forget, kids are smaller targets).

Reminds me of that famous line from Full Metal Jacket:

Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?
Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

FWIW, I heard that one from an A-10 pilot at least three years before
FMJ came out.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a Warthog driver say that. The movie was
based on a book that was written by a former Marine, Gustav Hasford, called
The Short-Timers that was published in 1979 so your friend could either have
read it in the book or even been the source for the quote!

You made me go and look up the whole scene:

Door Gunner: Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone that
runs, is a VC. Anyone that stands still, is a well-disciplined VC! You guys
oughta do a story about me sometime!
Private Joker: Why should we do a story about you?
Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so ****in' good! I done got me 157 dead gooks killed.
Plus 50 water buffalo too! Them's all confirmed!
Private Joker: Any women or children?
Door Gunner: Sometimes!

--
Bobby G.