Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Tankless water heater

On Jul 21, 7:23*am, "Stormlady" wrote:
I'm looking for opinions/advice on these. *I've just purchased a house and
the current hot water boiler is in the closet in the child's room on the
second floor. *Aside from the fact that this renders her closet practically
useless for hanging clothes, I'm concerned that if it leaks there's going to
be a huge mess with damage to her room/floor and the floor below.
Unfortunately due to the layout of the house (4 mini levels/split level in a
townhouse) and the location of the plumbing, there's nowhere else to put the
boiler so I was considering getting one of the tankless systems. *I think
this could be installed in the crawl space under the 2nd level, (tank would
never fit in crawl space). *The house is currently wired with 125 amp
service providing electric heat for 1200 square feet of living space with 2
adults and 2 small children living there. *Is it feasible to install? *Is
there anything else I should consider? *Is 125 amp enough to run one of
these? *This is my first house and I've owned it less than a week, so I know
nothing about anything when it comes to home renos/installs....

Any help appreciated
Heather

Put a drain pan under it and a hose to the basement, put in a mains
auto shutoff incase of leaks or pipe bursts. Once I saw the effects
of a toilet breaking by itself when the homeowner was on vacation 2
days, it cost about 15000.00 in damages in the early 90s. There are
ways to protect your home with auto shut off devices