Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default need backup news server

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:06:18 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

I've been on Forte's APN (Agent Premium Newsgroups) servers for close
to a year now and they're great. It's a full-newsgroup server (text
and binaries) costing $2.95/month and is uncapped (IE: VERY fast)

They filtered out 98% of that spam that hit the group a short while
back. I didn't even know there was a problem until you guys started
complaining. It's well worth it. http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php
(standard disclaimer applies. I'm a happy user, nothing more.)

Seconded. APN is an Easynews reseller and one of the best resellers out
there. They formally resold Supernews then switched just before
Supernews was bought by Giganews. Filtering is not quite as strict as it
was before, but still very good.
--
William