Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default -google_groups- Cabot stain waterproof question

wrote:
Over the weekend, the wife and I put on Cabot 1407 opaque oil-based
stain on the floor of the deck. At the recommendation of the person
who recommended the stuff to her at Lowe's, she now wants to put on
Thompson's watersealer. Is this necessary? Cabot claims to be
waterproof.

Sorry to hear Cabots is now available in big box stores. I have
previously had good results with Cabot products. I wonder how much the
quality has gone down?

Thompsoms watersealer is testimony that if you market something
intensively even if it is the most useless concoction made people will
believe it works. Their "watersealer" is a complete waste of time.