Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Orion Color 5521VT TV - repair hints ;-)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:19:16 +0200, markus wolfgart
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi NG,

I'm looking for some repair hints for the mentioned tv model.

The Display stay black after power on without sound displaying the last
selected channel number.
I had precautionary changed all electrolytic capacitors in the power
supply after this first occurance of the mentioned symptom but had
not really found a bad cap with high ESR during this replacement.
Thinking all should now be ok, I was able to watch tv for the rest
of the day, but after turning on the tv on the next day I get the same
behavior as previously mentioned.

It's look like a problem of the remote control receiving unit.

Does the TV respond to the front panel controls? Some sets will turn
on when the CH-UP/CH-DOWN buttons are pressed. Others will turn on
when the main power switch is turned on. Pages 2 and 3 of the circuit
diagrams (see below) show a "POWER SW" signal which appears to provide
this automatic power-on function. Otherwise check whether the uP is
sending a "POWER ON/OFF" signal to your PSU (pin #2 of 5-pin
connector).

I will start today again my investigation but in the case not having
success it would be helpful for me to read your opinion on this topic.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Markus

Here are the circuit diagrams:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=892