Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Laser tape measure?

"Greg M" wrote in message

You can do what Robatoy suggests or measure out from one wall 2', make a
mark, measure from the other wall to that mark and add 2' to that
measurement. Solves the problem of having to guess what the bent tape is
telling you.

Admittedly, I've only done 3-4 rooms of moulding, but I just cut them a
little long and then trim until they fit.

Greg M

About 8 years ago I did about 8 complete homes. I did the measuring, 10 or
12 pieces at a time, and cutting, my buddy took the cut pieces and nailed
them in with seldom the need to redo. You run into problems with fit when
the wall unintentionally bows in or out. This makes the measurement a tad
short.