Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Laser tape measure?

Richard Evans wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , Richard
Evans wrote:

Just doing the occasional home improvement project. I'm remodeling
6' x 8' entrance foyer and I'd like to use single pieces of
molding.
Hence the desire for accurate measurement.

And the reason that a plain ordinary tape measure from Sears won't
work for
this purpose is -- ?

Ever tried standing on a ladder and supporting eight feet of tape
from
one end of the room to another? Sure, the distance at the floor
should
be the same as the distance at the ceiling, but who knows.

That, and I like gadgets. Ones that work, anyway.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0P?vName=Tools
should do what you need. The tape will extend out 13 feet without
collapsing if you're careful with how you hold it. 8 feet is a piece
of cake.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)