Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Evans Richard Evans is offline

Default Laser tape measure?

(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , Richard Evans wrote:

Just doing the occasional home improvement project. I'm remodeling a
6' x 8' entrance foyer and I'd like to use single pieces of molding.
Hence the desire for accurate measurement.

And the reason that a plain ordinary tape measure from Sears won't work for
this purpose is -- ?

Ever tried standing on a ladder and supporting eight feet of tape from
one end of the room to another? Sure, the distance at the floor should
be the same as the distance at the ceiling, but who knows.

That, and I like gadgets. Ones that work, anyway.