Posted to sci.electronics.repair
markus wolfgart markus wolfgart is offline

Default Orion Color 5521VT TV - repair hints ;-)

Hi NG,

I'm looking for some repair hints for the mentioned tv model.

The Display stay black after power on without sound displaying the last
selected channel number.
I had precautionary changed all electrolytic capacitors in the power
supply after this first occurance of the mentioned symptom but had
not really found a bad cap with high ESR during this replacement.
Thinking all should now be ok, I was able to watch tv for the rest
of the day, but after turning on the tv on the next day I get the same
behavior as previously mentioned.

It's look like a problem of the remote control receiving unit.

I will start today again my investigation but in the case not having
success it would be helpful for me to read your opinion on this topic.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Markus