Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg M Greg M is offline

Default Laser tape measure?

Leon wrote:
"Richard Evans" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:

I don't know if there is such a device in that price range.
I can recommend the Leica Disto D2, but it is around $200..but a
'real' measuring tool and consistently within 1/16 when measuring
countertops and backsplashes. I have no idea how often you will use
this, but if you're making a living with it...buy it.

Just doing the occasional home improvement project. I'm remodeling a
6' x 8' entrance foyer and I'd like to use single pieces of molding.
Hence the desire for accurate measurement.

You can do what Robatoy suggests or measure out from one wall 2', make a
mark, measure from the other wall to that mark and add 2' to that
measurement. Solves the problem of having to guess what the bent tape is
telling you.

Admittedly, I've only done 3-4 rooms of moulding, but I just cut them a
little long and then trim until they fit.

Greg M