Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default Could De-Bundling Have A Positive Impact On UseNet?

Joe:

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I don't want to reply to each point, but I didn't think that Biker
posting you mentioned was actually a newsgroup posting. I had heard
about that as a chat room thing. I admit I could have heard it wrong and
concede the point to you.

And as for the child porn thing, I was asking cause and effect. Do you
take the position that the existence of porn newsgroups featuring 16 and
17 year old young women posting self-taken photos of themselves undressed
CAUSES the child porn posting? I guess it is a chicken or egg question.

And while you did pose some questions I cannot answer, or debate, I claim
I am the type of person who feels that a specific newsgroup that is found
in violation of the law (or Law) should be specifically targeted for
punishment, not the entire alt.* newsgroup structure. (how that
punishment occurs (enforced? imposed?), I don't have a clue.)