Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Pigeons

Andy Hall wrote:

Have you tried multiple flash with reflectors etc. to avoid the
harshness of direct light? I've used an off-camera bounced flash with
white cards to good effect.

If you have a camera with a built in flash, one handy trick I have found
for this sort of work is to stick a bit of unexposed but developed slide
film (i.e. black) over the built in flash. That will stop most of the
direct illumination, but still allow sufficient IR to bleed through to
trigger any optical slaves.

Otherwise, what kind of lighting are you thinking about? The problem
is always going to be weight of batteries.

A ring flash is one way to go for closeup stuff.

--
Cheers,

John.