Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default OT Body armour - stab proof vest

On 2008-07-21 10:16:24 +0100, "dennis@home"
said:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Owain wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
ARWadworth wrote:
Brilliant. I suppose if I do not wear it covert I can just stick the
company name on the back.
Then it becomes PPE for the business & you can claim it against tax
:-)

And PPE would be zero rated for VAT as well?

I'm not registered, but I think it is.

I thought you said you earned a /lot/ of money in another post?
Not if you aren't VAT registered you don't.

That depends on what one considers to be a lot.

Dave will comment, I'm sure, but I would expect a handyman business to
be more time than materials intensive in terms of cost and what is
invoiced to the customer.

At the current level of around £65k at which registration is mandatory,
the recoverable VAT would be predominantly on materials purchased and
on fuel plus a few other small bits and pieces.. On the output
side, he will have increased his prices by 17.5% for no good reason.