Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing Machine Repair

"Charles Bishop" wrote in message
My sis's washing machine is malfunctioning, and I boasted that I could
solve the problem.

When there is a load of laundry, the machine agitates, but won't pump out
the water to begin spinning. This happens no matter what cycle it is on:
permanent press, Gentle, &c. I asked her if she left the control alone to
see if it would go through the complete cycle, even if it didn't empty the
tub and she said she hadn't. If knowing this is a necessary clue, I'll ask
her to do it.

The machine is a Kenmore, series 80.

What is likely to be wrong? Just a broken pump, or a controller of some
sort.

--
charles

Do some diagnostics at www.repairclinic.com Many possibilities, bad pump,
belt drive, bad solenoid on the drain valve.