Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Laser tape measure?

On Jul 20, 7:12*pm, Richard Evans wrote:
Can anyone recommend a laser tape measure for under $50? I don't need
to survey my two acre lot, just measure some room dimensions.

For that matter, are laser measurers truly useful or just a gadget?

Lowe's had two (don't recall the brand) but both had been opened,
resealed, and put back on the shelf. That led me to believe that they
had been sold and then returned by dissatisfied customers.

I don't know if there is such a device in that price range.
I can recommend the Leica Disto D2, but it is around $200..but a
'real' measuring tool and consistently within 1/16 when measuring
countertops and backsplashes. I have no idea how often you will use
this, but if you're making a living with it...buy it.

(I wish I would have bought the D3..but you hafta stop somewhere.
Those Leica guys make one which bluetooths to your laptop *drools*)