Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Laser tape measure?

Richard Evans wrote:
Can anyone recommend a laser tape measure for under $50? I don't
need
to survey my two acre lot, just measure some room dimensions.

For that matter, are laser measurers truly useful or just a gadget?

Lowe's had two (don't recall the brand) but both had been opened,
resealed, and put back on the shelf. That led me to believe that
they
had been sold and then returned by dissatisfied customers.

If it's under 50 bucks it's just a gadget--they're really ultrasonic.
For one that uses the laser for distance measurement and has any kind
of real accuracy you're looking at over 150 bucks for a Leica Disto or
one of its competitors.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)