Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is it okay to put a fridge outside?

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 07:51:33 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

mm wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:42:12 -0400, willshak
wrote:

Personally I think you should give it to me for a garage fridge because
I have a serious thing for '50s cool stuff and I'll find you something a
couple decades more modern off Craigslist (can't guarantee it won't
be Harvest Gold though G)

Hey, my whole kitchen is Harvest Gold. If my fridge breaks, I'll have
to find another the same color.

Haven't remodeled in a while, eh? (not that there's anything wrong
witht that.) They do still sell appliance epoxy in spray cans in that
color, although you might have to look for it. If the color is a real
deal killer for you, find a buddy with a spray gun... would probably be
better to paint it like a car rather than spray bomb it...

That's a good thought. I painted the lid of a clothes washer with
epoxee white one time and it seemed hard as the original paint job.
Didn't chip in the 4 years until the main bearings of the agitator
rusted shut. (Didn't use the machine often enough.)

nate