Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Is it okay to put a fridge outside?

wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 00:58:38 -0500, CJT wrote:

wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 01:44:42 -0400, willshak
wrote:

Why is any more dangerous than if it was in the garage or basement if
these people have the run of the house. In real life I bet most of
these incidents involve empty fridges. The kids would have to take out
all the shelves, bins and a few cases of beer to get in mine.

Kids don't usually hide in closed refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.,
when they are in the house. Maybe you can recall an earlier time in your
life when you were invincible. While playing hide and seek, you find a
refrigerator outside that is empty (after your party, when it may have
been at least partially full). You decide to hide in it. One of your
friends opens the door and finds you in there. Success!
But what of the alternative? Not so successful. If you want to tempt
fate, go for it. Maybe nothing will happen. I hope, I hope.
But, it is your decision. Good luck.

People trespassing on my property have as good a chance of being shot
as getting caught in the fridge

You'd shoot a little kid for trespass? What does that make YOU?

Since this whole "a kid will get trapped in your fridge" is absurd I
am not sure why you should take it too seriously.
Again, is this kid going to take all the bins and shelves out to get
in? Did he bring tools? That is a pretty sophisticated hide and
seeker.

Well, that fact is that kids DO get trapped in old refrigerators. The
rest is details.