Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Productivity Problem

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:17:12 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

Overall, Ron is a little less than half right. That's about the same
percentage as the anti-union set delivers here. It's also about par for
people pontificating about history and economics when they were bored
stiff
in history class and never read the books, and have spent maybe an hour
of
their lives studying economics.

Ed, I have never had an encounter with union, or their members where
I wasn't lied to, threatened or they attempted to steal something.

Really? Well, you need to associate with a better class of union members.

Yeah; they may be thugs, but you want to associate with better thugs.

For example, I was a member of the Retail Clerks when I was in college and
worked in a supermarket. My wife is in the NJEA, a teacher's union. My
uncle, who was one of the best machinists you would ever see, was also in
NJEA. And another uncle was in the Ironworkers.

Isn't it the teacher's unions who have helped get us into the mess
we're in with teaching kids, Ed? Maybe the NJEA is lily white, but I
doubt it: http://www.google.com/search?q=teach...+union+scandal
Google only shows the more important 241,000 listings. chortle
Maybe all of us have our veils.

Go behind the scenes of any convention. Watch the Teamsters union in
action for an hour or 6. If a person who is not in the electrician's
union kicks an extension cord out of the wall, Union regs say that an
electrician must reinstall it, noone else. Only riggers can lift heavy
equipment, like heavy cardboard panels weighing a ghastly ten pounds.
I had a field day watching the antics and talking with an exasperated
union member in LV before the COMDEX convention about a decade ago.
Yes, Ed, there is considerable dissention even within their ranks.

We won't lie to you, Michael. We'd never threaten you, and we don't steal.

"We" meaning the RCM union?

You can get in bed with the low life *******s, but I refuse to.

I'd be very unhappy if I found you in bed with my wife. My uncles...well,
each to his own.

What? Michael'd find your uncles there? Do their 3 unions know about
this? gd&r

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---