Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Genie garage opener problem: opens by itself

On Jul 19, 10:00*pm, dmkAlex wrote:
My 5 year old ggenie garage door opener started misbehaving in the
past month or so.
It will open by itself. Once it's open, I can't close it with the
remote, or the wall button.
I have removed the batteries in the remote controls in my cars and
outside. I have even disconnected the wall control. But as long as the
power if plugged in, it will open by itself.

It doesn't happen immediately. If I leave it plugged in, with a few
hours it will open.

Any suggestion other than replacing the main unit?

Thanks.

The tension or set point could be set to high, back it off on the main
ceiling unit, mine was set that way. Remotes also stick to an on
position.