Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default What is this wood hammer for?

Father Haskell wrote:
On Jul 18, 6:29 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 7/18/2008 2:36 PM Oren spake thus:

On 18 Jul 2008 21:00:17 GMT, Stephen King wrote:
for hammering stuff.
I'm guessing your lobotomy worked?!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

(from Tom Waits a long long time ago ...)

Fernwood Tonight, the episode featuring Baby Irene.

It predates that- I saw it on bathroom stall walls at college in the
early 70s. Sometimes (in the med school building) as 'I'd rather have a
free bottle in front of me, than a prefrontal lobotomy'. I was given the
impression by others that it was an old saying even then.

GoogleGoogleGoogle

Hmm, not much help there. Along with Waits, it credits several others,
going back at least as far as Dorothy Parker. Likely a traditional
college graffiti, ever since the procedure was popular in early 1900s.

--
aem sends...