Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
John Taylor[_4_] John Taylor[_4_] is offline

Default Dryer Door Switch - Disconnecting

I am trying to open the front panel of my Kenmore / Whirlpool 29" dryer
to service the rollers, idler pulley, and drive belt.

I have the top open and am trying to disconnect the door switch before
unscrewing the front panel. The door switch has two wires leading to it
and there is a convenient connector (3 conductor, only 2 are used) a few
inches away from the switch. I've tried pulling at that connector as
hard as I dare to unplug it, but no luck. It looks like there may be
two tiny tabs to press, but I have no way to press tabs that tiny while
pulling and trying to prevent damaging the wires. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

The door switch connector part number is Whirlpool # 3936144.

(Yes, I could remove the entire switch, but was trying to avoid that.)

Thanks for any help!